Monday, January 13, 2014

Country Chic Magazine Rack and Farmhouse Paint


I am happy to share this makeover post with you today.  I came upon this circa 70's magazine rack at the local New 2 U Resale store benefiting the Meals on Wheels program of Comal County.  You can read about that thrift trip here.


Its a cute little magazine rack; but was a bit wobbly and dirty; so minor repair was needed.  I proceeded to take it apart piece by piece.  It wasn't difficult at all.  So after giving it a good wipe down with a damp cloth; I allowed it sufficient time to dry.


Now comes the part I am most excited about.  I received a complimentary sample of Farmhouse Paint to try.  This is the very first complimentary product I have ever received.  It is relatively new to the market; so I consider it a privilege to try it and blog about it.  First of all, I'd like to say this paint is wonderful.  The manufacturers promote it as:  "No Prep Work Needed"; "No Wax or Topcoat Needed"; "Ultimate Adhesion * Easy to Apply * Water Clean Up".  I can honestly say this is the easiest painting method I have personally tried to date.  After working with primer, oil based paint, homemade chalky paint, latex paint and wax; this came in 1st place in my book.  And... I love the color!


There are several colors available; and I'm looking forward to my next larger project in the coming weeks. As you can see in the after picture.... I did not distress this piece at all.  It did require new washers and screws to eliminate the wobbliness.  My honey, and the great folks at Home Depot gave me a good education in that area; so a shout out to TJ and my local Home Depot (New Braunfels, TX).  I would also like to thank the folks at Farmhouse Paint for allowing me the opportunity to try their product.




Disclosure:  I received this complimentary sample of Farmhouse Paint.  The opinions in this post are 100% my own.  I have not received compensation for my opinion.