Thursday, January 2, 2014

Vintage Frame/Needlepoint with New Matting


Hello, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm very excited to share this Vintage Frame(d)/Needlepoint that I refreshed over the holidays.  I picked up a box of frames/art at a thrift store before the holidays that was moving due to losing their lease.  This is one of 3 lovely needlepoint items in the box.  I spent a little time and money making it more presentable and love the result.  I changed frames and purchased an acid free mat that would protect the needlepoint from any further damage.  Check out the before picture below.  It was taped up into a 12"x12" frame before; and I placed it in a larger frame. 


The tape left debris that would not come off after soaking in oxidized cleaner; so the best alternative was to place a mat around it.  I hope you like the results as much as I do.