Hello All, I'm resharing - reposting this thrifted refashion project. Its that time of year again; where I wear maxi skirts a lot. Now all I have to do is find the time to refashion or sew a few more. I hope you enjoy.
Originally posted on 8/13/2013 over at www.blondiesbargains.blogspot.com
Welcome All, I'm excited about my latest refashion project. Especially since I'm a newbie. I picked up this dress at Goodwill and posted about that thrift haul last week. You can read about it here, if you missed it.
Not a very attractive dress; so I refashioned it into a maxi skirt.
The process was relatively easy even for a beginner.
- First I put the dress on my newly acquired dressform; and proceeded to cut just below the arm holes.
- Then I cut a strip of 1/4" elastic about 2" longer than my waist measurement.
- I tried on the skirt after pinning the elastic to it to see how it fit.
- I removed the elastic (careful not to let the fabric slip off the dressform by using pins).
- Then I adjusted the elastic a little and stitched it together.
- I put the elastic back around the new waist of the skirt; repinned it and stitched it.