- Organize: An organized inventory and work space can benefit in several ways. It makes your life and business much more efficient and pleasing to the eye. Clutter can cause anxiety, which can cause depression, which can cause clutter... its a vicious cycle.
- Straighten: If you're organized, but things have kind of fallen over, slipped off, or whatever; take the time to straighten up your area.
- Iron/Press (clothing): If you have items needing to be listed, take the time to iron or press garments for a more pleasing and professional look. It also helps you find any flaws or defects you may have overlooked.
- Measure: I admit, I sometimes forget to measure garments. This is a very important step that isn't a good idea to overlook. Take the time to measure and make notes to get your listings ready.
- Photograph: Whether you use a state of the art digital camera, or a camera phone; this is a good time to take photographs of the items you have gotten ready in the above steps.
- Edit Photographs: If you have photography editing software that doesn't require internet access, this is a good time to get that done.
- Write Listings in Word (to copy later): This step explains itself. If you don't have WORD, then Notepad will work just as well, Just don't forget to save your work.