Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Weight Loss Challenge 2015 - Day 1

Hi All,

Good morning!  As I mentioned yesterday I am on a journey to improve my health and wealth.  Step one of course was to sign up and weigh in at my company's weight loss challenge.  That was all accomplished yesterday.  Step two was to sign up as an IT Works distributor.  This was also accomplished yesterday.  It will be a few days before I receive my initial product kit; and I can't wait to start!

The Challenge:  

All employees who lose 10% of their beginning weight will win a Fitbit Flex and be entered into a drawing for a $500 gift card.

Day 1:  Monday, June 15, 2015

Beginning weight:  165 lbs

My food intake consisted of:
2 Mugs of Loaded Coffee (sugar & coffeemate)
CVS Vanilla Nutrition Shake
Special K Blueberry Bliss snack bar
8 oz of Tropical Goodness smoothie (nothing to brag about)
1 Fruit/Cheese snack pack
~ 2 oz of leftover cheesy chicken (my specialty)
1/4 cup of white rice (leftovers)
1 slice of sock it to me cake

Estimated calorie intake:  1137 calories
Estimated water intake:  76 oz

My exercise:
30 minutes on a stationary bike (very low intensity)
15 minutes of stretching and crunches.

Since I work in a sedentary environment and am not able to get up and walk to the water cooler very often I decided to bring a pitcher to keep in my work area to refill my cup of water in an effort to get the recommended water each day.  I have no idea why my pictures look short and squatty.



"IT WORKS"  recommends 1/2 your body weight in ounces per day; which for me is 82.5 ounces.
A little short yesterday; but I'm working on it.